OUTRAGED EXPRESS THAT FOUR NRC COMMISSIONERS ARE PLAYING POLITICAL GAMES WITH THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF THE AMERICAN PEOPLE.
1. We believe it is outrageous that the NRC commissioners are playing political games with health and safety of the American public.
2. Four NRC Commissioners are trying to delay and weaken new safety regulations deemed necessary for U.S. nuclear power plants in a post-Fukushima environment.Instead these commissioners are trying to divert attention from their responsibilities to the public by a public fight with the NRC chair. The issue is what is NRC doing to improve safety, not who gets along with whom.
4. Our lives and the life all future generations depend on this federal agency acting on behalf of the people, not the nuclear industry as these four commissioners are positioning themselves to do.
5. This is yet another example of the history of the NRC and is why there is a California Ballot Initiative to shut down San Onofre and Diablo Canyon gatherings signatures right now for the November 2012 election, available at: Californianuclearinitiative.com
6. At a hearing held by Senator Boxer on December 15 she says to the NRC commissioners, “Let me tell you what happens when people lose confidence in the NRC and the nuclear industry. Right now, there is a petition being circulated for a ballot initiative that would effectively shut down the two nuclear power plants in California. I believe we will see more of that across the country if America doesn't have confidence in the NRC.”
Residents Organized for a Safe Environment (ROSE), San Clemente Green;