|Lessons From Fukushima For San Onofre|
Former Japanese Prime Minister Naoto Kan will discuss his concerns about the inherent dangers posed by nuclear reactors. He will be joined by former U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Chair Gregory Jaczko, who has emerged as a leading critic of safety at U.S. nuclear power plants.
The event will be available live both to reporters in San Diego and via phone feed and Webcast to members of the news media elsewhere in the U.S.
News event speakers will be:
- The Honorable Naoto Kan, former Prime Minister of Japan from June 2010 to August 2011;
- Gregory Jaczko, former chair of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission from May 2009 to July 2012;
- Peter A. Bradford, adjunct professor at the Vermont Law School, a former member of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), and a former utility commission chair in New York and Maine;
- Arnold "Arnie" Gundersen, chief engineer of the energy consulting company Fairewinds Associates, and a former nuclear power industry executive; and
- Dave Roberts, County Board of Supervisors, San Diego.
FOR PEOPLE OUTSIDE OF SO CAL : A live Webcast from this news event will be available to reporters outside of San Diego, CA., starting at 8:30 a.m. PDT/11:30 a.m. EDT on June 4, 2013, at http://av4b.com/live/
FOR PEOPLE IN SO CAL: Members of the media in the San Diego area are invited to attend the seminar starting at 8:30 a.m. PDT on June 4, 2013, at the Chambers of the San Diego County Board of Supervisors, 3rd Floor, 1600 Pacific Highway, San Diego. (MAP)
MEDIA CONTACT: Alex Frank at (703) 276-3264 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Part Of Fukushima Do You Not Understand?